Monday, August 31, 2009

Cuddles

There's just something amazing and wonderful and calming about carrying your normally rambunctious children to bed and have them lay their tired heads on your shoulder. Then you kiss them goodnight on their sweet little necks as they hold onto you. As you place them in their beds, they just look up at you as if to say, "Thanks, Mom. This is what I needed." No fighting it, just acceptance and a cute little dazed look of love in their eyes. Even though I want to hold you and cuddle you for at least another hour, I will let you sleep. Good night my babies. I love you.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE sleepy babies, they are so sweet when they're calm and let you hold them-thanks for sharing

Kristen said...

I know! Isn't it the one moment that you can never be upset with your child? I can have the "worst" possible day with Serra and really be upset with her, etc. But then she falls asleep in the car and I have to carry her to her bed and all those feelings just melt away- I think it's those moments that are the closest you'll get to how they were as a newborn- molding their body to you, breathing heavily in your ear, just simply existing and loving you!

Oliver Hansen said...

Those definatly can't be my babies you are talking about....