Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Miami, you are Hot!

Friday morning came, we all slept in pretty well. Yay! The girls walked down the street to a local grocery store to gather necessary sustenance for the weekend(or at least what we could carry back) and anything that was forgotten while packing. Oliver and Charlie had the kids and decided to venture to the beach. They didn't realize how stressful it was going to be when they were outnumbered. Macy was great, but Ryan still showed no love for the water. From what I understand, he was okay on the sand, but as soon as a wave hit him, he would scream. And Evan was in the process of eating the beach. So lots of fun! Unfortunately, Oliver forgot that he had his sister's cell phone in his pocket when he decided to jump in the ocean. Poor guy-his cell phone count was up to 2 within 12 hours I think. He then refused to touch another cell phone all weekend. The girls got back and Beth, Chelsea, Charlie, Macy, Evan and I went back to the ocean while Oliver, Ryan, Mom & Grandma played cards(and took a nap). And from that fun time, I got burnt. But that's what happens when you're at the beach right? It was fun to be on the beach. I really liked the sand and being the waves. Salt water takes some getting used to though.
Later, I think we all got naps. The cribs showed up so the boys actually had a place to sleep instead of on the make shift crib we made out of couch cushions. That night was supposed to be dedicated to helping prepare the reception decorations, but for Oliver and I, we would have been more hindrance than help due to our destructive and curious children. So we stopped in and I apologize for the lack of help that we were. Well, it wasn't horrible, because we did stop at Walmart and bought some paint and sparkling cider that was needed. But then we went to dinner. A pizzeria. I don't remember the name, but it was just north of the hotel on the AIA, run by Italians. It was really good. It made Oliver want to eat at every pizzeria we saw the rest of the weekend. We ate outside with the breeze blowing on us and because the air conditioning wasn't working inside where they were cooking the amazing pizzas. All in all, Friday turned out better than Thursday promised.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay- you did have some good moments! You need to post the rest of your pictures though...

Love, The Riemans said...

And then Saturday was the BEST day out of all of them, huh? (wink wink). Love you guys. And although I knew the cell phone story, when I read it here, I still laughed again. Poor Ollie.

Emily said...

I'm glad it got better! That sounds fun, and the pizzaria thing made me laugh

Love, The Riemans said...

When I left my other comment, I was thinking "our day" was Saturday, so I guess that didn't make any sense, coming from me. So, our day was MONDAY...so I'm still waiting for that one.