One advantage of traveling to Miami was that we were able to spend some time(not enough) with my dear friends Laura & Amber and their adorable families. Yes, they are constantly trying to convince us to move to Florida so that we can all be closer, but, I'm sorry, dear friends, it won't be happening any time soon.
It was still a nice day. Laura's apartment is right next to the pool in her complex and even though her adorable babies are only a few months old, they have awesome toys to play with. :)
Brian made some great homemade pizzas for dinner and before we had to drive off, we got to play a shortened version of a new board game. It was very reminiscent of old times...even if there are a few extra hands to worry about, and a few extra mouths to make sure get food. I'm sorry that the day wasn't longer, but the time with them was definitely worth it. Here's a few of the very very many pictures we took that day.

Yay for floaties! Look...Ryan is in the water and NOT screaming!
Kalen performing death defying stunts to the bottom of the pool.
Brady having a blast next to the pool.
Amber & Trace having fun.
The cutest thing ever-my baby fallen asleep in the inner tube.
Evan knows how to relax!
Brian & Oliver with a boy of their own. Doesn't feel like that long ago when neither one had a baby.
The one spot that didn't get any sunscreen. Poor kid...
Lizzie sure got a lot of attention. Somehow I managed to not take a picture of Will. But they are both adorable.
Oliver prefers babies this size...toddlers are fun, but way too tiresome. :)
The "couples" shots. (Amber licked him right before this shot).
Scott & Laura, your turn...Scott, its supposed to be a COUPLES shot
I don't have a scanner, otherwise I could show you a picture from 9 years ago when we first became friends....Amber & Laura are even cuter than they were then. :)
So I have to share a story of our travels away from Laura's apartment that I haven't yet shared. We're driving along the "really long straight road" and Oliver barely makes it through an intersection when the light was turning red. He notices that the guy behind him also goes through the light which means that he probably ran it. Well, a few seconds later, the lights on the car behind us start going and we get pulled over. Was he speeding? No. Was it really that light? No. Oliver hadn't turned the lights on. :) The nice police officer was just making sure everything was okay and telling us to turn the headlights on. But we sure were nervous for a minute. Oliver loved the van that we rented. A Toyota Sienna with fancy new features and everything. But we're used to our car which has automatic lights when it gets dark and Oliver was just so excited about driving and nervous about Evan's leg(he decided to break a glass in Laura's kitchen RIGHT before we left & so was bleeding a little bit) that he must have forgotten. Luckily, no citation, just a little verbal warning to watch those yellow lights closer. :) It was a good last day.
The next day was another day of travel, but by this time, we had figured it out. It was still a long day, but at least Ryan wasn't screaming for 3 hours straight. We made it home and decided that we needed another 2 days of vacation. Isn't that just too bad for us?
3 comments:
Cute pics- thanks for the comment on my recent post. :)
I saw your comment on mine--I like your pictures way better :-) They are really cute--I love all the outside pics--wish we would have brought our camera too out there! Miss you guys! (ps you don't have to move to FL anymore...more details later)
I love that picture of your little one asleep in the pool. :)
Post a Comment