Thursday, August 20, 2009

Miami: For Freeeee!

Finally the Sabbath came. A day of relaxation. We all slept in and then went back to the ancient spanish monastery. A very beautiful building that was built in Spain, torn down, and ended up being rebuilt in Miami. Weird. But beautiful. And peaceful.


Doesn't this place just look exotic?

Beth & her camera & her cute self in a cute dress.

Everyone looking meditative in the hallways of the monastery.

My babies are adorable...

Then we went to the noon sacrament meeting at the ward building nearby. I will tell you, sacrament meeting is ten times better when there are family members to help distract the children. We actually sat on pews for the first 35 minutes. I then spent the next 30 walking the boys up and down the halls. But it was nice to be with everyone at church.
After church we went to grab some sandwiches from the fridges in our hotel rooms and jumped back into the car to head to Fairchild Botanical Gardens. Beth had done some great research the day before and found that on Sundays in August, the Botanical Gardens would be open and free to the public. WHOO! The gardens were cool because they had also incorporated some very unique sculptures across the grounds. I always love it when there are multiple types of attractions to enjoy in the same location.



Oliver was having a lot of fun being Mr. Photographer. I had to limit the photos I chose because he took so many good ones.






After a hot and sweaty two hours--we're still smiling! (And isn't that tree behind us awesome?)
We spent two hours walking around these very pretty gardens. I know that I was dripping after like 30 minutes and the boys were nice and pink cheeked pretty quickly.
After that we went back to the hotel and relaxed a bit. The evening ended with the entire family(that was in town) out on the beach before heading back up stairs to play some card games.
The last night we were all together.
Our traveling buddies...and because Charlie was behind the camera in almost all the other shots.
It was a great day! And all for free!

4 comments:

Oliver Hansen said...

You are giving me this Red Ferrari....FOR FREEEEEEE??!!?!

Kristen said...

I think that's a super cute family picture- who cares if you're sweaty, you all look good and it's a memory! And speaking of memories, free ones are often the best kind!

Love, The Riemans said...

These pics, specifically the one with you and Evan, and the one with Ollie and Ryan are awesome--and the family pic. Were they taken with your new camera?

rantipoler said...

Beautiful! I love that monastery - I've seen many just like it in Spain. I'm so glad you guys had such a nice time!