Thank you, Jimmy & Ari, for allowing us to be a part of another meaningful day. Sorry, I didn't have my camera. No pictures of the cute couple.
After the ceremony, the reception was upstairs in the restaurant. A delicious brunch buffet was provided and they danced and did all the fun things you do at receptions. Because we had the kids with us and didn't want them to destroy the lovely restuarant, we took turns watching them downstairs in the little cafe. Boy, did they have fun.
I don't think I've clearly explained the bond that Evan, Macy, and Ryan have formed. Sure, they may not always get along, but together, they have way more fun than apart. I know that the boys would look for Macy when we show up in places where she is supposed to be. Macy would do her impersonation of Ryan by "tsss" and saying his name. They are also a handful and can combine together for very bad news, especially when tired and hungry and all 3 want to go in different directions.
When we swapped baby watching, Charlie & Chelsea took the kids home while Oliver & I spent a little time upstairs. And then we walked home walking through the surf. In our fancies, carrying our shoes, holding hands and loving it. Once at the hotel, we all took a nap. (I love vacation!)
That night we decided to go do something touristy. We headed to an "Ancient Spanish Monastery" just down the road which was closed for a wedding but we got to see the parking lot
and some local wildlife(lizards & a giant spider, and a cat with some raccoons). Then we decided to drive down to the Art Deco District in Miami. I was pretty excited, but was little prepared for what we would find. Blocks of packed streets, cars parked in every possible spot and the cars that are supposed to be driving being backed up for several more blocks. We did get to drive past many interesting Art Deco buildings, but didn't have time to stop and ogle and learn about any of them. Oh well, perhaps another time...and another life.
and some local wildlife(lizards & a giant spider, and a cat with some raccoons). Then we decided to drive down to the Art Deco District in Miami. I was pretty excited, but was little prepared for what we would find. Blocks of packed streets, cars parked in every possible spot and the cars that are supposed to be driving being backed up for several more blocks. We did get to drive past many interesting Art Deco buildings, but didn't have time to stop and ogle and learn about any of them. Oh well, perhaps another time...and another life. After a long time of driving, a car full of hungry individuals, and a few failed attempts at finding a restaurant for dinner (No, Oliver, we don't want to eat at that pizzeria. Not that one either), we came to a restaurant that we thought would be a typical Miami experience called Little Havana. The wait was longer that we were told, but the food was good. It had been a long day and we thought that we were making a habit of eating dinner late, but we got out of the restaurant by 9:45. Awesome! There's still time left in the night! Mom, Dad, and Grandma go shopping and the rest of us head back to the hotel.
Oliver, Beth and I watch the kids while Charlie and Chelsea get to spend some one on one time with the beach and the moonlight. I think they enjoyed themselves.

In front of our hotel
They got back and planned on watching Angels and Demons while keeping track of the babies as Oliver and I got our own time on the beach.
We were sad to find that the pier that was so close, was actually closed as they are doing some repairs. It was nice to just walk on the beach though, holding the hand of the man I love. Even though a moonlit walk on the beach is new for us, it reminded me a bit of when we were dating and would go on late night walks together around Provo. I love him.
We were sad to find that the pier that was so close, was actually closed as they are doing some repairs. It was nice to just walk on the beach though, holding the hand of the man I love. Even though a moonlit walk on the beach is new for us, it reminded me a bit of when we were dating and would go on late night walks together around Provo. I love him.
Self-timer with the lens open for like 30 seconds. It was fun to have to try and hold as still as possible for 30 seconds holding my husband. I also got him to kiss me for one...But don't worry, we didn't take a walk as long as we used to. We got back and Oliver got sucked into the movie. I didn't watch it all because I put the boys to bed and then got to watch TLC, but if you want to talk to him about it, I think he really enjoyed it. But another good day. Miami, you're turning out to be a pretty cool place.
2 comments:
SUPER cute picture at the pier!!!
Sounds like so much fun. I love FL and Miami is a really fun place to be, especially if you're on the beach. :)
Post a Comment