Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bucket List

If you haven't seen this movie, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. So its basically the list of "Things to Do before I Die". Do you have one? What's on it? My cute sister-in-law Beth was telling me about a freind of hers who had made her list and the majority of the things on it, Beth had already done. So we were coming up with things that she could possibly put onto her own bucket list that didn't invlove just traveling to cool places because then it would be "Places I want to go before I Die" list instead of things to do. We came up with a variety for her though so that she didn't have to just travel. Like reading all the books on one of those "100 books you must read" list. For me, there are a lot of things I haven't done or haven't seen, but I don't know what I would put on my own bucket list. I think that its a great idea though to help you make goals and achieve them, even if its over time. Some of my fellow blogging friends have mentioned things that they have wanted to do and how they did it. One wanted to read all the caldecott winners(or one from each decade) with their oldest daughter. And they did it! Good job Emily! Another wants to see a bear in the wild. Oliver wants to hike Provo Peak. And if he's going to hike it with Beth, he's got about a week left before she goes back to school. I konw they can do it as long as they plan appropriately.
For me, I think that I'd like to paint a Jackson Pollock-esque painting. And I've got all sorts of goals for a future house, so owning a house would definitely be on that list. But there aren't necessarily a lot of things that I feel would make my life incomplete or unfulfilled if I didn't get to to do them. It might make them a little more fun, but we can have fun anywhere. :) What's something that you really want to do before your time on earth is over?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

After we watched that movie we put together a list also! It wasn't very big though so I wondered for a while if something was wrong with us in that we didn't have a lot we wanted to accomplish in life. But I finally came to the same conclusion that we're happy with where we are at- and that's a good thing! However, one thing right now that I would like more than anything is to have a bigger family. :)

Emily said...

It was to read all the Caldecotts-so thank you! One thing I really want to do is run a marathon. I just know how badly I hate running and it seems like one of those things that would take a fair amount of planning. I started this year by setting a goal for 5K and completed it. I still have a long way to go! This was a good post.

marci said...

I like all of your posts lately! I took your advice and put Bucket List on my netflix queue. I haven't seen it yet (it should come on Monday) but I'm excited to watch it now! Hope check-ins were lovely, and know that I'll be coming by to see you soon!