Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Eleven Pictures Documenting Our Day

1. Dressed and outside the house on time! This is also a moment I get to take to honor my wonderful husband. No, he is not in this photo because he'd been gone for an hour and a half already and he's not a documented part of the morning because I wasn't really functioning when he left. But he is getting about 6 hours of sleep each night and I normally just roll over when he gets out of bed. Oliver, you are amazing. thanks for being devoted to your job.


2. Evan's school. Dropped off on time!


3. Ryan's "school" He's a big fan. As you can tell by the running inside...


4. Table tops! I had to post this picture because he is actually doing what he's supposed to be doing and not running around. And he's doing a table top! It's kind of a hard thing, but he is strong and can do it!


5. This happened within two minutes of arriving home after preschool. Evan, try to remember that this is what happens when you go to bed at midnight and wake up at 5am! (Remember how I wasn't functioning well when Oliver left for school?)


6. Underwear! can I just say how much I like the idea of waiting until its past time for my child to be potty trained. He seriously only had 1 day of accidents after being put into underwear and is now a pro during the day. In a little while we'll work on the night time. Yay Ryan!


7. Tuesday means staff meetings. Yes, my boss is making a funny face, but to be fair, he didn't know I was taking his picture. And those nice blue bottles were given to all of us, isn't that nice?


8. RA Class comes after staff meeting. Today we were taught by three of the RAs talking about trust. So they were asked to pair up and do trust falls. It was a really good lesson and discussion! (See the pair in the middle that are just talking? It's safer that way, they'd already caused havoc. One decided to do a "sporadic trust fall" that didn't turn out well and then when he was supposed to catch his partner, he lost his footing a little and stumbled backward 5 feet-but his partner didn't get hurt.)


9. Daddy's home!! A great part of every day.


10. Tuesday isn't over until I get to meet with our group of RAs. This isn't everyone, but they were doing a cheer at the end of the meeting. Maybe because it was over?


11. And lastly, Evan was very happy when I came home. He has perfected the art of smashing.


What I didn't get a picture of: getting food from the cafeteria after "Tumbling Tots", the boys and their babysitter while I'm at work, stuck in traffic(?What?) after RA class back to Wyview, dinner at the cafeteria where Evan was slap-happy, meeting individually with two of my RAs, Oliver and Ryan falling asleep on the couch during those meetings, Ryan in bed at 8pm, the beautiful October sky (moon shining through the clouds), cleaning check after the staff meeting with the RAs, and last, snuggling with Oliver after Evan was put to bed.

That was my version of today. Hope you had a good one too.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It still amazes me whenever I see/hear how much you accomplish in 1 day! And I had to laugh at the table tops... Serra is EXACTLY the same way- I'm always excited to finally get a picture of her doing what she's supposed to be doing. It's like she thinks what someone is telling her to do is so boring and she can come up with something better to do herself! [And table tops actually are hard and impressive to see little kids doing!]

Megan Lewis said...

I want to see the October Sky! Seriously though, you amaze me girl. That sounds like quite a day!