Friday, October 7, 2011

Date Night

I went on a date last night! Hooray for my days off where I can actually use the evening as free time to do what I want!
We went bowling. I won! We used the bumpers though so I guess that's kind of cheating. But he had fun so the score didn't matter in the end.
We got ice cream and walked around the Wilk while we ate it.
Then drove home, stopped for some dinner since I hadn't eaten yet.
Although I don't think I got a kiss at the end...I suppose I've still got some years to teach him about dating girls. In fact, I probably shouldn't teach him to kiss every girl he takes out on a date. Just his mother. Ryan is the best person to go bowling with.

After coming home, I had a mini date with Oliver too. He was making pumpkin muffins while we talked about resumes and hiring and such. That meant the muffins took a lot longer to make than they should have.

And between all three of my boys, I got everything a good date requires. Evan gave me the snuggles while watching a movie. Curious George wasn't overly enlightening, but the snuggles were worth it.
My family is great. I love them.

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Cute story, Megan. I love dates with all my boys, too.

Kristen said...

HAHAHA- I seriously laughed out loud when I saw it was Ryan you went on a date with! Super fun!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

aw, sweet post. I had to read the part about your date being with Ryan 2 or 3 times before I got it. How cute :)

Shayla Taylor said...

Megan! We love your family too! Love hearing about your adventures. We miss you. :)

mom2_7 BRADYS said...

SMILES here- This is a great posting.
I agree! Ryan needs to be taught just what kisses are all about. Hugs are important to teach about too!
I Love having dates with those I love!
Glad to hear you do too.

rantipoler said...

So sweet! I love it. :)

Shauna said...

I love it! You are the sweetest mother. Best of luck with resumes and job hunting as well.

Melanie said...

ooh. don't let Ben see that picture. He'll kill you! :)