Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn Enjoyment

I, personally, have been looking forward to today. My day off with beautiful weather. I needed to get some fall into my system. I believe that Oliver would have enjoyed a day at home just as much, but he was kind enough to let us all have a family outing.

055

After lunch we began to head northwest to find the western entrance to the Alpine Loop through the Lone Peak Wilderness and the Uinta National Forest. we’ve traveled on the Loop before but decided to go a few directions that we’d never gone before. The first new turn was toward Tibble Fork Reservoir. It was a beautiful road with great changing trees leading us to this little reservoir. A little further up we found the Granite Flat campground that made us start dreaming of bringing family members.

059066068071078

After getting back on the main Loop Byway, we made a stop that said “Alpine Summit”. so the following photos show my slight love affair with Aspen trees. It’s absolutely beautiful, very peaceful and a little bit enchanting.

086

Photo by Oliver

092

Photo by Oliver

105107112116

I’m not trying to be vain and show a billion pictures of myself, but the picture above and below this comment were taken by Ryan. At first we thought he wasn’t actually getting us in the shot, but then we got the photo below that’s actually really cool!

118

The next turn off the road took us toward Cascade Springs. I never knew there was something back in these mountains that looks like this. It was fascinating…and accessible(so we could strap Evan into the stroller and know he wouldn’t be jumping into the water).

127136

Photo by Oliver

After this, we took a road toward Midway & Heber through the Wasatch Mountain State Park, found a place to eat and made it home in time to relax before going to bed.

I love fall.

6 comments:

Grampa Gil said...

I love the pictures and wish I could have been with you--so beautiful. :) Grampa Gil

Kristen said...

I LOVE aspens too- by far the most beautiful tree ever! We have one in our yard... but I don't know exactly what type since we didn't plant it!

Marci said...

I love it! All that is missing is something pumpkin flavored :) Looks like the perfect way to spend a gorgeous fall day!

mom2_7 BRADYS said...

Thank you for the look at fall in Utah. What a Nice family day! I agree with Grandpa Gil- Wish we all could have been with you.

B said...

LOVE these pictures, Megan! (and way to go, Ryan, on the amateur photography skills!) It has been a beautiful fall. Glad you guys got to go up and enjoy!

rantipoler said...

Awesome pictures!