Maybe it was just a smooth checkout or maybe 4 years in the same place has made things just seem easy, but we only had a couple glitches.
I've been blessed to work with wonderful RAs in
the past and this year hasn't been any different. One was deemed my BFF and I hope we'll be friends for a long while even though she won't be forced to email and call me all the time. One was afraid of me at the beginning and after she got over that, I loved getting to know her better. Unfortunately, she chose (for the sake of her health) to stop working with us. We were sad, but that blessed us with a fun and quirky replacement who will continue to be an amazing RA next year. The third RA visited us because she loved my children and I learned so much about her! I learned lots of random things about all of them. I love that the RAs let me be important in their lives. That they'll share themselfves with me and let me help them through life while they are RAs. Its one of the best parts of this job.So Fall and Winter semesters 2008-09 have now finished. One group of freshmen successfully completed one of the hardest years of college and another group is getting really excited about starting theirs. But first, as I'm writing this, I have 10 hours before summer officially starts and we have to start working with the Conference Assistants. A Hall Advisor never sleeps. Am I right, ladies and gentlemen?
ROVER: RAs Overcoming Vicious Everyday Realities(who happens to be hiding) Marci, Melanie, and Braden.
You will all be missed. Good luck in all you do! And
thanks for all you've added to my life!

1 comment:
Oh, Megan! We really did have a good bunch of RAs. Good luck with conferences. Yesterday I was trying to figure out what all I needed to do before I went to bed, and my first thought was "Oh no! Tomorrow is Monday, I need to fill out my weekly report" but then I realized I didn't have a one on one with you today and that the whole weekly report thing was over.
Post a Comment