I remember when 5 years was a huge deal! And
now its just another day. Or as a friend mentioned to me today, "Didn't you know that when you got married, you'd be a Hall Advisor?" In other words, I spent a lot of my time today with my residents and RAs and not my husband. I had hoped to have a very romantic celebration of our anniversary. I was going to plan something amazing. But the day started out with taking my babies on a walk to the store to get groceries(we had no bread or milk--very important staples in this house) so that we could even have breakfast. And it ended with a meeting with my RAs for an hour talking about all of the residents still left in the buildings(they have to be out tomorrow morning!) followed by the fact that it is now 12:30am and both babies are still awake. Thankfully, I have told Oliver that I love him and happy anniversary and even found one of the DVDs taped on our wedding(Thanks to Jimmy the cameraman) and laughed at how young we looked 5 whole years ago. So it hasn't been the most romantic day with my handsome husband. I do love him though. I've loved him for a very long time. 
now its just another day. Or as a friend mentioned to me today, "Didn't you know that when you got married, you'd be a Hall Advisor?" In other words, I spent a lot of my time today with my residents and RAs and not my husband. I had hoped to have a very romantic celebration of our anniversary. I was going to plan something amazing. But the day started out with taking my babies on a walk to the store to get groceries(we had no bread or milk--very important staples in this house) so that we could even have breakfast. And it ended with a meeting with my RAs for an hour talking about all of the residents still left in the buildings(they have to be out tomorrow morning!) followed by the fact that it is now 12:30am and both babies are still awake. Thankfully, I have told Oliver that I love him and happy anniversary and even found one of the DVDs taped on our wedding(Thanks to Jimmy the cameraman) and laughed at how young we looked 5 whole years ago. So it hasn't been the most romantic day with my handsome husband. I do love him though. I've loved him for a very long time. 
Any country music lover has heard the song "What a Beautiful Day" by Chris Cagle. Where he documents his love in days. "On day 67 she said I love you to me..."
I think this is the sweetest song and have always wondered what our days are like. Unfortunately, I don't know what day 1 is. Today, I'm going to guess for the pure joy of seeing potentially how long we've been together.
Day 1 was probably on September 1, 2002. The day Oliver became RobOliver. Sometime in October I made him choose. sorry...no day number attached. In November, we went on our first official date. Day 90 was Christmas (the day after thanksgiving...we'll save that story for another day) when he kissed me for the first time. Day 532, he proposed. Day 602, The love of my life became the love of my forever. Day 1220, we started our new experience on campus that has both blessed us and stressed us. Day 1516 made our happy two a joyous three. Day 2117, made the three become four! And 2429 days brings us to today(or yesterday, technically). A lot of other significant things happened, but that would take more research. And really, all I need to say is that while it may be hard to have a very romantic celebration with him today, his blue eyes still make me smile when they sparkle and for more than 1800 days of my life, I've been connected to him body, heart, and soul.
"Oh, what a feeling, what a wonderful emotion
Yea, what a life, counting my blessings and knowing
Ooo, we had our ups and downs all along the way
[He] had a chance to leave and chose to stay
What a beautiful day,
What a beautiful day"

I couldn't agree more.
5 comments:
Yay! Happy Anniversary! And I'm glad you quoted me :)
What a cute idea Megan! Happy Anniversary!
Megan this is adorable...you guys are such a great couple, and we loved the fact that the bottom picture was taken at our GA house...it helped me and Brian feel like we are still part of your 2000+ amazing days together. That's just so cool, I have to figure our days out now. Thanks for being great friends--it all boils down to: we're happy you married RobOliver.
Wow, time does fly! Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! I didn't even know!
Post a Comment