I am remembering that many years ago, when I was still in high school, I went to a concert at Knox College put on by a visiting musical group that I've forgotten the name of at the moment. But it was a beautiful concert. They incorporated percussion and dance into one of the most amazing nights ever. Tonight gave me a rekindling of my love for percussion similar to that night. I've always known it was there, but tonight it felt like my soul was being rejuvenated to be reunited with a live performance. STOMP was in town this week and Oliver and I were able to go out and enjoy it. And love it.
Oliver declared that seeing STOMP perform should be a requirement for you to be human. I was excited and had high expectations, but it just blew me away. I want to sit here and write about all of it, but I don't know who wants to read me ramble. There is just something about seeing these performers create rhythms together and put on a performance that you can't enjoy the same through only your hearing. Not only that, but they are so creative with all of their different "instruments" as well as incorporating their audience to make the show even better. I didn't want it to be over, but knew the performers bodies would probably give out if we made them perform longer.
I decided that I wanted to dress up for the performance. Sure, its not a huge theater. Yeah, I know that the performers where grubby clothes and make a mess. And yes, we went on a Wednesday night. But you know what, by dressing up, I felt like I was on a very special date and seeing a very special performance. I mention this because I actually have proof of Oliver and I dressed up on a Wednesday night and going on a fancy date. I even borrowed some stuff from an RA to have nice hair(you might not be able to tell-but it should be obvious that if I had to borrow some hair stuff that I'm not exactly practiced in doing my hair).
I also mention this because, we were one of the very very few that were dressed up for the show. It made me a little sad, but perhaps that discussion is for another day.
I also mention this because, we were one of the very very few that were dressed up for the show. It made me a little sad, but perhaps that discussion is for another day. If you remember, I announced that we'd be going back in July when I bought the tickets. It was my birthday present to myself. The nice thing about that, was that it felt like a gift because it felt free since we had paid for the tickets so far in advance.
To end the night, Oliver and I got dessert at Los Hermanos before going to pick the kids up from Grandma's house where they were having a pretty fabulous night too. Oliver says our next goal is to see when the Drum Corps International is coming to a city near us.
I love the drums...
4 comments:
You look AMAZING! I am so glad you had awonderful night. You definitely need to go to a DCI show. You would absoluely LOVE it.
so pretty! love the dress. sounds like it was awesome! i'm glad you had fun on your fancy date...:)
First of all, you look great!! Good for you for dressing up. Second, how cool is that? I've been wanting to see STOMP for ages! I am so glad you got to go and have an incredible night!
What a fun post! You look great and I'm glad you got to see STOMP-I would definitely like to sometime.
Post a Comment