Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fsh

Today we ventured to The Living Planet Aquarium to see the fish and to get out of our house. I was surprised to see that it looks like the building used to be a grocery store, and the parking lot adds to that thought process. But Oliver felt like it was the perfect size. He didn't have any expectations, so it was great! We went for the boys(in my mind), but if we had gone for ourselves, it would have been fun too. We would have needed the stroller, though, if Oliver and I were planning on taking any time at each exhibit and maybe learning a little more about sealife. They did let us look around in the jellyfish section which was pretty cool (Ryan was fascinated by the "hand" that was cleaning one of the tanks).
The boys definitely enjoyed running around, but perhaps that more than the fish. Evan liked the petting pool (or whatever its called), but if you know Evan, the water is the most attractive part of any thing or place.
Yes, I know Evan looks a little crazed in this photo-but he loves the water!
Ryan did focus a little more on the "fsh" than Evan did, but he also enjoyed playing more. My one suggestion? Put a big playground outside with sea creature features. Or inside...

My one attempt at getting a cute picture by the fish-I'm just too slow. :)

2 comments:

Oliver Hansen said...

If you have a child age 2-10, you should check out the aquarium. It makes for a fun afternoon. Only 8 bucks w/ your student ID, 7 bucks for kids, and under 3 get in free. I liked the Utah section. We live in the desert but have some very unique wetlands in our state only minutes away that most people forget about.

Love, The Riemans said...

I just heard about an aquarium here in Denver I want to get to--I always love seeing families do things together, even with little kids. It's important to go "out" with your kids, and I admire you for always keeping their minds and hands busy with "outside" things. Love you!