Independence isn't always the key word for July 4th. I more often will think of Freedom. We've been given a lot of blessings by being on this earth. Life can be difficult for many and we all have different circumstances that help us become the individual that we are. I love the 4th of July. It is a time to think about America in a way that makes us focus on how we are free and have independence. There have been many wars fought over the years of our young country that have contributed to how our country is run now. We have so much independence. But even more amazing to me is that we have been given the freedom to choose in this world by our Heavenly Father. The United States also has been set up where we can have the freedom to choose how to worship without consequence from the government. And while we are independent from any other country, our daily lives are more affected by the freedom that we have in the moments of each day. Do you know what you believe & how you want to express those beliefs? You can decide!
I celebrated the fourth away from my husband, but with my parents, brothers, nieces, nephew, and sons. The night ended with a beautiful display of fireworks choreographed to a playlist of songs played on the local radio station. It was inspiring and awesome. Its good to be reminded while the fireworks are going with words focused on the celebration.
One of the classics, in my mind, is "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. It started and ended the fireworks.
"I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free
and I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up, next to you,
and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land, God bless the USA."
Watching the explosions and singing along...that's what I do(with my cuddle buddy).
1 comment:
Miss you guys so much!
Post a Comment