Monday, March 23, 2009

Real life?

Last week Oliver's school had spring break and so I took some vacation time off work and spent half the week just with my family. I think its the first time I've taken vacation time for more than a day and spent it at home and not travelling some distance. It hit me what life might be like as a stay at home mom. and it was amazing. :)
Wednesday was a pretty normal day, but it ended beautifully. Natalie was able to watch the boys so that Oliver and I could go to the temple together. That was something that I really needed and am so grateful for the blessings recieved in the temple.
Thursday we decided to get out of Dodge and headed to....Vernal Utah! It was a part of the state I'd never been to before. We stopped at a Dinosaur Museum that wasn't Evan & Ryan friendly...it could be a great place for a 2 year old or older, but our boys are just a little under that mark. After walking through the museum which Oliver I think loved, we got back into the car and headed to Dinosaur National Monument and did a little car tour of the park. It was fun! For us. The boys had different thoughts.
We ended our Vernal excursion with dinner at the 7-11 Ranch Restaurant. mmm...
Friday was a day at home. It was nice to relax and not have to worry about work. Saturday I had to go to a practice for our Relief Society program and then around dinner time, Oliver said, let's go! So we got everyone dressed and went to get dinner. Which we ate in a park in Plasant Grove I think...we basically just drove and turned and stopped when we found a park. It was a little chilly, but there was a playground which the boys loved very much.
Sunday was Sunday and the realization was hitting both Oliver and myself that we were going to have to refocus our minds the next day back to school and work and we didn't really want to. While I wish that our break was actually real life, I've realized that I need to make sure our real life is much similar to our break. I need to take the boys to a park and I need to make sure that when I 'm not working, I'm focused on my family instead of constantly trying to split my focus. Maybe one day I won't have to.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay for family vacation time! Glad you got a break and spent it with your cute family- someday you'll be able to do stuff like that more often, but for now relish the few when you get them!

Vicky said...

Wow, is Ryan walking? It looks like it in that picture with the dinosaur!

Scott and Laura said...

Oh that sounds like a fun time! I'm glad you could do that. :)

Nola said...

I totally can relate to your need to refocus. I try so hard to devote my morning time (when Matyas is awake) to him. I have been trying to find fun little things to do together. With that said, I wonder if I could hire custodial to clean my house because I really can't do everything as a working mom. If you figure out the secret let me know!