Thursday, March 26, 2009
Pitter Patter of Little Feet
I love that my friend Vicky reminds me (subtly) that I should be posting about the updates of my children. So the drama of walking. I apologize, I don't have any documented visual evidence to show you, but here is what is going on. My boys are taking steps! Both of them! Ryan is definitely pogressing faster and being more daring, but Evan isn't being left out. It is so exciting to see them release a sturdy object and take a step or two. My little Ryan is standing on his own a lot. Oliver says it stills surprises him when he turns around and Ryan isn't holding on to anything. Because he's only 30 inches tall!(according to the doctor's appointment on Monday). Evan isn't free standing, but he is walking more frequently holding my hands and does walk a couple steps between things if motivated. We can always tell when Ryan is about to take off because his hands go straight up into the air and he kind of does a running lunge to the ground. The most steps I've seen so far are about 6 without falling over. but I think the average is 3 or 4. I'll try to get some proof so that everyone can enjoy the sight of my boys making another leap in development.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that sounds so cute! High-fives all around.
Wow--what developments!! That's so exciting for both boys...and it's just the beginning...I seem to recall stories of Oliver walking early--could it be that your little Ryan is an Oliver-in-training? Lots to look forward to.
Ryan is walking!!! Both of my kids walked early it was strange to see someone so small walk.
That's so great! I really didn't mean to imply that you were slacking on the updates! But seeing Ryan standing up made me wonder how far away that will be for us. Benjamin didn't walk till 15 months, so it could be a while.
Hurray! Independence!... wait, that can be a bad thing ;)
Post a Comment