
The above photo shows his balding spots already. On the sides and back of his head, he has more hair that is very dark. The reason I wanted to post this photo is to show how this child came out: with one hand up by his head. So I learned a little biology lesson on Tuesday(between the doctor & Oliver who had to take his Bio final on Wednesday). The lesson of "positive feedback". What is supposed to happen is that as the baby's head drops more into the birth canal, that signals the body to release more oxytocin which causes more contractions which pushes baby's head further which encourages more oxytocin and the cycle keeps going until the birth. (I apologize to all those biologists that understand this differently than I explained it). Anyway...because Ryan's hand was up by his head, his head couldn't properly engage in the birth canal like it should which is probably why I was "overdone" and had to be induced. Good bio lesson for the day?
All's well back in Heritage. We took our first family walk last night down to the Creamery for ice cream & the Central Building for our mail. An interesting aspect of home life is that the doctor said I shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting for the next two weeks. How much is heavy? 20 lbs. How much is Evan? A little over 20 lbs. :) Speaking of my blonde babe, he is doing okay so far with Ryan. Very interested when he cries, he will sometimes just laugh when that happens. We will see how he likes not having priority in Mom's lap. So far so good, although I miss my little(or not so little) Evan cuddling with me and its only been a couple days.
Thank you to Karen for watching Evan this week while all of this has happened and thank you to Natalie for being here and for playing cards with me and telling stories while I was having contractions. What a week! We are very glad to be home.

6 comments:
Congratulations to you all! It sounds like you're doing well! I can't wait to see more pictures! I hope they're coming soon...
You are amazing, going for walks already. Ryan is adorable! If you need anything i'm here for you.
YEY! Congratulations, he is SO beautiful! Thank-you for posting so soon so we can be a part of your happy news from Boston!
He is so cute. congratulations.
Hooray!! Congrats guys!! He's a cutie! Now, go and take a month off of work. :)
Congratulations guys! What a cute kid!...and a GREAT little family!
Post a Comment