Friday, May 24, 2013

School's Out for Summer

Our first school year in this new city has come to an end.
Report on Ryan:
Ryan attended a preschool at Grantsville Elementary every Tuesday and Thursday morning for 2.5 hours. He loved being able to go to school and was often thankful for school at the end of those days. I believe around March, he began another preschool that he attended on Wednesday and Friday afternoons. It was at the high school where 7 or 8 students taught for credit in the child development class.
 Ryan felt extra special on those days because at the end of the class, he would be walked down to Daddy's class room where he'd hang out until Oliver was ready to come home after work. He learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I know that going to preschool was a smart move for him to get time just for him and to interact with other children in a way that I was unable to give him. He's a very smart little boy who can solve a problem as long as he remembers to never give up. He was just given an assessment this week in preparation for kindergarten. While there were a few little errors, he passed all their required goals and I believe he will continue to do well as he goes on in school.
Evan:
Evan had a good year though I'm a little less sure of all he accomplished and how much he enjoyed it. I know that the para-educator who would walk him out to me at the end of his 2.5 hours was always very upbeat and expressed how much she'd miss him over the summer.
Oliver:
I don't know what I can offer here when he can express his own opinions if he wishes. I know that Oliver learned a lot, made new friends in fellow teachers and was grateful to become part of the band world again. I love that he is still trying to improve and make new goals for next year already. He did bring home some flowers for me today to say thank you for all that I did for him this year.
Unfortunately, I'm not a dumb woman and new he'd gotten those flowers from somewhere else and didn't just buy them on the way home. He finally said that a student and the student's mother had brought the flowers to him to thank him for the extra work Oliver'd put in to help this student this year. He was a bit taken aback because he couldn't remember anyone ever giving him flowers before. I am biased and think he deserves flowers all the time.

No comments: