Friday, March 29, 2013

A Good Day

At one point in the day, Oliver said, "So you've had a good day then, you seem pretty happy."
That was at 3:30. And yes, it was a good day.
When the boys woke up, I was able to firmly tell Evan no to the TV and instead just snuggled and tried to get some breakfast in them. The boys went to school and I went to play volleyball at the church. We had a delay in opening the building so I went for a walk around the field in the back.
After volleyball I picked the boys up from school. Several days this week, Ryan has requested to play at the park and I've turned him down for different reasons: I don't feel well, I'm cooking dinner, etc. On the way home from school, we stopped at the park and played. Not just the I'll sit here and watch you, but full on imaginative, smiling, running play. While at the park, my phone rang. It said "Oliver" so I quickly flipped it open and said, "Hey!". And that's where I learned that I need to not have the school's number listed as Oliver anymore. The principal was calling me to offer the job I'd interviewed for almost 4 weeks ago.
After we finished playing, it was time for lunch which was good. The boys were happy and ate well and I had a bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado sandwich(my new favorite). After lunch we relaxed a bit with a few shows on Netflix, some coloring and a phone call with Grammy(Thanks Mom!). I talked with Oliver and then decided to leave the house for a bit.
We drove to the grocery store to pick up some sauce for our dinner and to drop off Ryan's coloring page to get a treat. Then we walked down to the high school to visit with Daddy for a few minutes. I loved Evan's reaction to seeing Daddy come out of room into the hallway. He was so excited to see him. After the short visit, we walked to the post office to pick up a happy Easter package from Jimmy & Ari. By the time we walked back to the van in the grocery store parking lot, I was hot, Ryan was thirsty and so I decided to try some smoothies from a restaurant that I've been wanting to try for months now. And they were pretty good. We got back home, shared smoothies while watching Wreck-It Ralph and then opened the package. Inside were two adorable Easter baskets with fun surprises inside. Thanks Ari & Jimmy for thinking of us and sending love from across the country!
The evening consisted of homemade pizza for dinner, snuggling on the couch, working on my afghan while Oliver read his book, Ryan playing a game on the Wii, and watching Evan run back and forth to look out the windows.
Thanks sunshine, I think you helped start it off right.

No comments: