This year I really did get a feeling of renewal. A feeling of second chances. Its' interesting how even though December 31, 2011 was no different than January 1, 2012, I could feel a sense of anticipation and excitement for what 2012 was going to bring.
What is 2012 going to bring? It will bring a period of job openings that will decide the second half of 2012. It's strange to not know where we'll be in 6 months when for the last 6 years we've always known.
2012 is going to bring a graduation. Hooray!
2012 will bring a 4 year old. It will bring a 31 year old. It will bring a 30 year old. It will bring a 6 year old.
2012 will bring kindergarten.
2012 will bring just as many adventures as we want to have. It's always exciting to look forward knowing that we enjoy so many parts of our lives together.
We do have a few goals for the year ahead. I am in need of losing weight. I've been 30 pounds overweight for awhile and so my goal is to lose those 30 lbs. by my 30th birthday as well as just being more active and more aware of what I'm consuming. Oliver has goals of hiking and birdwatching as well as professional goals of improving his teaching and graduating and getting a job. Evan & Ryan are continually growing and learning and I can't wait to see what they will bring us this coming year.
Happy new year everyone. Your year is dependent on you. 2012 is whatever you want to make it or how you react to what happens to you.
2 comments:
Good luck with the weight- let me know if you get your hands on a double jogging stroller and want to get together once a week! :) Also, I TOTALLY know the excitement/frustration of not knowing where you're going to end up... hang in there!
Happy New Year to you too, Megan! I hope this year is wonderful for your family.
P.S. I'd also LOVE to lose 30 lbs by my 30th b-day. ('82 was a good year, eh? :) ) If you ever want to go for walks, neighbor, I'd love to be your walking buddy. I know it's January but it sure felt spring-y out there today. :)
Post a Comment