
Ryan got a great present from a new cousin at Christmas time. It was a tent making kit! So we took advantage of it and tried to create a tent in their bedroom.
We had fun! Evan didn't even destroy it right away like I thought he would!
I liked it. We read some books and just laid in it for awhile until Evan finally did destroy it.
The other highlight of the week: It snowed! so we HAD to go play in it. As you can see, Ryan REALLY likes the snow.

We built a little snowman. Which got promptly kicked down.
Evan had fun meandering and trying to touch things. The poor kid needs to let me put gloves on his hands though. He got cold pretty quick.
The playground can still be fun in the snow! (Check out that mud on his pants)
I had to pull out our little sled to actually say that I've used it since I don't remember pulling it out at all last year. Evan liked that. I think he preferred it since I'd been making him walk around the whole time we were outside instead of having the stroller.
Natalie came to visit and this photo just makes me laugh.
But at least she and Ryan could have a real snowball fight with each other without me saying, "don't throw snow at the camera".
Ryan wanted to make me a birthday cake! With candles.
I love these sons of mine. They make me happy. I'm glad that I took time this week to do special things with them. One of my goals has been to improve how I care for my children. Life is so much better when I get to interact with them.
It's amazing how easy it is to go back and forth between thinking "They are so BIG" to "They are so small" in one day or in one week. I'm glad that I get to experience both of those thoughts though because they inspire me to treat them in appropriate ways-to teach them and enjoy them.
1 comment:
Love the idea of a "tent kit" as a gift. Never would have thought of that.
Sandy
Post a Comment