Thursday, January 19, 2012
Present I was Proud to Make
For my siblings & parents side of the family, we draw names for Christmas(well, that's the easy way to explain it). This last year, I got Olivia who married my little brother the day after Thanksgiving. Sadly, I don't know her as well as others might know her, but I had an idea. The idea started with a blog post from Oliver's sister like a year ago about a boutique called "Hold Your Hero." After contacting the maker of these awesome bags and other things, I discovered that purchasing one she made was out of my price range. My sister Natalie gave me some inspiration to ask our mother if she had any leftover fabric from her "Camo Quilt" Project also from a year ago. She did have leftover fabric and so I took it and went searching for a bag to create. I found one I liked and found some fabric to try and complement the camo (Did you know that's kind of hard to do?) As I tried to put it together, I got some much needed help from my mother-in-law, the quilting teacher. And with her guidance, I successfully created a heartfelt gift for my new sister-in-law who doesn't get to hold her hero every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So impressive! Great job!
very cool
This is awesome.
That's a great idea- I didn't know Mitch got married either! It still amazes me he's grown up... the kids I grew up with are still kids in my mind!
Wow, I'm so impressed! Good job!
Post a Comment