Last week, Oliver had Spring Break. I decided to take time off and we made a short drive up to visit Oliver's brother Charlie and family. Their sister Beth also made the drive up and we had a good 4 days with everyone. They were wonderful hosts, letting us take over their daughters' room, and invade their house. We spent a lot of time relaxing while the boys played with the girls and had room to roam. It wasn't the warmest place we could have chosen for spring break, but it was probably the most relaxing. Ate yummy food together, watched basketball games, played games together (for me, this is a HUGE deal! Since Evan became mobile, games have been almost non existent in our house and that is a sad thing), did a little siteseeing and I read almost a whole book.
Chelsea has a mini day care so we helped watch two little girls on Thursday and Friday. That was exciting and dramatic! :) But on Friday, Evan was pulling everyone's hair. Even those who have short hair, like Ryan and little Andrea. And I was tired and I finally got to the point where I decided to take him for a drive to get away from people. Of course, Ryan was going to throw a giant fit if I didn't take him too, so while everyone was either sleeping or playing with little girls, I drove my sons around Twin Falls, Idaho. Its a nice small town, population size is similar to my hometown and has a college campus, just like my hometown. It's nice and flat surrounded by fields, just like my hometown. Biggest difference? The giant gorge separating it from the highway. The boys and I drove around, found the college campus, saw some horses because the college was hosting a rodeo that weekend, drove out over the bridge and then stopped to look at the river far far below us. There's a nice little lookout spot, but when you have two boys that don't listen to their mother on important things like safety, I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the very picturesque place. We got back in the car and played at a park for a little while before heading to the grocery store and back to the funhouse.
I don't know where this hat came from, but Ryan thought it was the coolest thing ever.
While there were a few bad moments of grumpy children, or hair pulling child, it is still good to spend time together. Ryan and Macy have a lot of fun together and since they have both grown (and Ryan can pretend play a lot better now) they have a good time more often than arguing.On Saturday, we decided to do some siteseeing.

We went to Shoshone Falls just on the edge of town. "Sometimes called the 'Niagara of the West', Shoshone Falls is 212 feet high and flows over a rim 1,000 feet wide." (Thank you Wikipedia).
It was misting on us and then the sun went away and we got so cold, but there was a rainbow briefly in the mist. I enjoyed it, but it was much colder than anyone had anticipated.
We ate lunch at the park for as long as we could stand the cold and then went to our next fun site. It's currently called "Hole in the Ground." With a personalized tour, we were welcomed right in! I think we're standing in the living room...
That night ended with a mini date with Oliver to buy him some church shoes for Sunday and then we stopped at Perkins for a slice of pie....mmm...pie...
We had a great break and can't thank Charlie, Chelsea, Macy, Andrea and Beth enough for sharing it with us. The one sad thing about it all? When we got home, I felt so cramped...because our whole house could probably fit in their nice and open living room.
3 comments:
I love Twin Falls- a fun, beautiful little town! [I have a sister-in-law born and raised in Shoshone]. And I LOVE Perkins' pies- especially the wildberry! It always stinks when you go somewhere bigger/nicer than your house and come back to yours "feeling" the difference- but I'm sure you won't be living there forever!
So glad you got a little break. Sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference-- especially when you live at your work! Miss you, Megan. What a gem you are.
Ryan was right, that hat is the coolest hat ever :) the boys look super cute!
Post a Comment