Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11th's Eleven

Happy photo happiness!

1. Our March 11th started at 5:30am. If only it wasn't a pattern of the week...

2. At one point during the morning, I drifted off on the couch and Evan rearranged our shoes.


3. Helping! Ryan's favorite activity. I'll take the time here to illustrate a moment we couldn't get on film. When eating at the cafeteria, Ryan deems himself done eating (which we often disagree with), starts running around, and begins helping the cafeteria employees. He puts trays away, he pushes carts and our favorite: job shadowing at the entrance; taking cards, swiping, returning them and then telling the departing patrons goodbye. For like 15 minutes. He's a good little helper. As for this picture, I just needed to document that we were finally cleaning our house after a week of crazy school work for Oliver and a week of sickness for me. Ollie is wonderful you know.


4. Evan was showing signs of fatigue during the cleaning process. It's so sad.
5. We realized this may have been the biggest strawberry Ryan has ever seen in his life. Which he then quickly consumed.

6. Yeah...trying to get a group photo is really hard to do. We're an easily distracted group.

7. But during that time we got to hear an awesome thing out of Ryan's mouth: "It fits perfectly!"
8. We finally went for a walk in the gorgeous 50 degree weather!

9. Happy to be outside!

10. Beth came to visit! Mommy and Daddy were gone, so who knows what happened then! :)

11. I thought it'd be a fun idea to have a plant or two for Ryan to watch grow...we're trying to revive them back to life and only the basil is showing any signs of hope. The cilantro, I fear, is dead.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

LOVE the shoe rearranging- you should keep them that way. :) And the "job shadowing" is something Serra is very good at too- super cute [it's a lot cuter when the person she shadows knows she's shadowing them too...] Keep up the green thumb- you'll get the hang of it and you'll love having herbs or plants around!

Shayla Taylor said...

Cilantro takes a while. Have no fear - they will come back. :)

Shayla Taylor said...

You can always take a few dry beans, place a wet paper towel in a glass jar, put the beans on the outside so you can see them and you can sprout beans in a week or two. He really might like seeing the roots grow out and the stem and leaf grow up!

Vicky said...

I love that strawberry picture! Good luck with your plants.

Married to Wal-mart said...

I love the strawberry picture too-we go through a ton of strawberries in this house! I can only grow African violets (lots of people kill them, but I forget to water everything so I never overwater violets like most people!!)

rantipoler said...

These are great pictures. Thanks for sharing your adventures with your great family. :)