Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Game's afoot!

The game was afoot. It's not anymore. I finished it. I read the entire collection of Sherlock Holmes. A few years ago, Oliver and I purchased this fat book in the month of October thinking it'd be fun to read the little stories together around Halloween. That didn't happen. And then Oliver found it again a while ago and read the first story in the collection. And it was nothing like we expected. I then took over the book and read it pretty regularly. The short stories were great to read in bed. I could get through the short ones in 20 or 30 minutes and I could easily put it down after that because I'd finished a story. It wasn't leading to the next chapter and it was entertaining. I also liked holding the hefty book and it looks so cool that I felt like I was reading this old collection. I hope books never disappear. But now what? What do I read now? Any suggestion is a great one.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I am in love with a good mystery. I am into Agatha Christie and am reading all of her books and short stories. The HBLL has tons of short story collections and good 200 page novels with short chapters. If you like Sherlock, you will love the Queen of Crime.

rantipoler said...

Nice! I don't know if you're interested in classics, but The Three Musketeers is a fun one, as is The Picture of Dorian Gray (shudder). Or, if you want to read a historical (i.e. true story) murder mystery, I highly recommend The Devil in the White City. Good stuff.

Aaron said...

The Count of Monte Cristo and Les Miseralbles are two of my favorites. I love that book it is beautiful. I love the flexibility of ebooks, but holding a book in your hands adds to the experience. I don't think printed books are going anywhere soon.