1. Evan is the sweetest, happiest boy in my world. His growing ability to communicate with us has been amazing. He will bring us empty bottles when he is thirsty, he will grab our hands and take us to go play or to do something that he knows our hands can do, like change the channel or open a door. He knows when someone is leaving and will look for his shoes so that he can go too. And his joy when he sees people and they engage with him is one of the most beautiful things in this world.
2. Ryan is an independent, smart 2 year old. Yes, he still acts like a 2 year old in all the ways you can think, but he is learning so quickly. He makes us laugh daily(he makes us scream daily). He is learning more about words, numbers, day to day tasks, and how special his big brother is. His imagination is expanding and he loves so much to have you go on a journey with him, whether on his brand new "island boat"(the new bunkbed) or just to run away from the bears, he is glad to have someone else on his journey and we are glad that he takes us.
3. Oliver is ... I don't even know how to fill in the blank. He is intelligent. I don't know where he hides all of the info he has in his head. He makes me think about things I don't always think about and also has the great ability of being a sane person about othe rpeople. He is very balanced in his thinking and very open minded, even when his classmates frustrate him so much because they aren't. He is carefree and casual and supports and loves me more than I could ever ask of another human being. He makes me feel wonderful and I want to live in a way that I can always have him as my husband.
4. It's nice to sit here in the last hour of the year and realize that I could review all that has happened in the last 3 hundred or so days, figure out all the different lessons I learned, mistakes I've made or things I did but also know that it doesn't matter. It was great. I won't document each thought for you right now because, really, its the previous 3 thoughts that are the most important to me. Oliver, Evan & Ryan were my 2010 and they will be my 2011 and that is one of the greatest thoughts I have tonight. I'm grateful for all my family and friends that I think of often and who think of me as well. Happy End of the Old and Beginning of the New Year to us all!
3 comments:
I was just thinking at our HA Christmas party about how much I loved the joy Evan exudes. I'm going to miss his bright smile! And you as well! If you're ever down that way and would like a place to stay, give me a call :)
what a great post to end the year- Happy New Year!
Nice post. You have a great family. :)
Post a Comment