I prefer it when the things that are shaken up are...lemonade, boring routines, other stuff like that. I, on the other hand, don't like to be shaken. I don't like to feel anxious. This afternoon, we got hit while I was driving the car. I keep thinking that I shouldn't have been out in the first place, I should have been home, but nevertheless, we were still out and I was still driving. The blessing in it is that the boys were not with us and noone was injured. Except I'm feeling a bit injured now. I think the adrenaline finally wore off and now my body is sore and I'm actually anxious. I can feel it all the way through my body. We spent the evening in Springville where the boys had been with Oliver's mom. And I was the one to drive us home. I had felt the urge to cry earlier in the afternon shortly after it happened, but that subsided...until I'm driving home in the dark with crazy people on the roads.
This summer, Oliver was driving his sister's car and was rear ended at a stoplight. Since that time, he's been anxious at every stoplight. I'd kind of just let it pass as a weird thing that he needed to get over. I think I get it now though. While I hope it will eventually wear off, I'm truly shaken up. I'm not shaking anymore like I was right after the accident, but my body is still a little tense and I just want to be safe inside my home.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry Megan! Car accidents are so unnerving! I'm glad you're not seriously hurt, and I hope the aches ease up. And I hope everything just gets back to normal soon, because that's one of the worst parts of accidents, in my opinion--car insurance, repair shops, and all the what ifs! I'm sure it will all be fine before you know it.
I'm glad you are okay! That IS scary, and I don't blame you for feeling anxious. It's especially scary when it's not your fault because then how do you know it won't happen again? I see a small accident on my way to work or back at least once a week and I always feel that I could have been in it, but was protected.
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I've been in a few fender benders- luckily nothing serious. And after each one I'm shaking so hard it's not safe for me to drive! But you get over it- you get smarter about how to be a defensive driver- you notice other people around you more. Some people might call it paranoid, but I like to think of it more as "aware". Before now you were living in a world of ignorant bliss. But now that you're aware, it doesn't mean you need to be afraid- you just adapt and learn to live differently. This isn't coming out how I wanted it to, but what I'm trying to say is that you'll be okay- as Ian likes to say when something doesn't go my way, "lesson learned- now move on"!
I'm glad you're okay! I know exactly how that feels - not fun.
Megan, I have been in two car accidents and please trust me go and see a really good chiropractor. You will thank me in 10 years. Even from an accident at 25 miles per hour your body sustains some pretty serious injuries. If nothing else it will give you peace of mind that you have taken proper care of your self. I am so glad that you are alright.
Love,
Christy
Post a Comment