Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Miss You Daddy

It's been one of those nights where Evan is just so cranky about being at home that he doesn't quite know what to do with himself except scream and bring me his shoes. Our house is starting to be too small for him and he has gotten used to going to visit extended family almost everyday. Many children hit that point, of wanting to go and do something. Visit a park, go for a drive, etc. I have found that it is harder to distract Evan from that desire than it is to distract Ryan. I can convince Ryan to play with some toys or read a book or even put in a cartoon for him to watch, but it doesn't work as easily with Evan.
Our little family has been very blessed to be able to have our needs provided for and at the same time, have a lot of time together. Yes, I have meetings, and Oliver has classes, but we are together an awful lot and have grown very accustomed to that blessing. Tonight Oliver is gone with his brother up into the mountains for a few days. When he gets back, the little ones and I will then leave Oliver for a week while we go to my parents' house for Cousin Camp. We miss you, Daddy. Life isn't the same when we are apart. We love you.

No comments: