So once upon a time, I had this great idea of posting 10 pictures from the 10th day of the month. Unfortunately, I forgot a few months and now, our camera is being fixed still and we don't have any pictures today. Instead I will paint some pictures with my words.
1. June is, apparently, Great Outdoors Month. Before I found that out, I think Oliver could feel it in his bones. On Monday, he wanted me to take a vacation day on Friday so we could go camping(but Yellowstone is too cold to go up there yet). He's planning a trip for next week for his senior research project that puts him out in the wilderness. and he wants another camping trip in two weeks. Yesterday, on his way home from class, he told me that he wanted to go for a long drive. So we did. We made it up to Midway at a state park and playground. It's a beautiful little spot with a playground, lots of grass and a little pond with ducks & fish. If you know Evan, you might guess the climax of this story. To make it short I'll say this: I was watching Ryan on the playground, Oliver had Evan. Oliver was also trying to birdwatch. Evan ends up sitting in 8 inches of water happy as can be and dirty as can be.
2. The other night we decided to buy a potty training seat. Ryan is very excited about it. "My potty!" Here's one reason why we decided to go ahead and get supplies: there's a stump in the backyard of his Grandma's house. He went and sat on it, pulling his pants down and saying "potty". He then stood up, pulled his pants up & turned around to fiddle with something on the side of the log, I'm assuming it was his pretend flusher. Between that and other things, we are at least closer to starting the potty trainingness...and besides, June is Potty Training Awareness Month(I wonder what we have to be aware of?).
3. Today the boys were staring out the window as a group of construction workers were unloading a large crane from the tractor trailer that brought it in. It was quite the ordeal and the boys were very impressed. The street that has always been between Heritage Halls and Deseret Towers(or the former DT site) will soon be no more...forever. They are beginning construction on some new buildings and this week, they have closed our street and construction will be happening out our front door for the next year and a half.
4. This month has also brought a change in family. Oliver's grandfather passed away on June 1st. The funeral was last Friday. Funerals are a strange occurence. They are rather sad because you have lost someone special, but they are happy because (1) you reminisce and share all the happy memories and (2) a large amount of family and friends come around and are together at an unexpected time. We have all loved Grandpa very much and still do. He will be missed. Luckily, Oliver is very much like his Grandpa and so we will find little reminders often.
5. The weekend before that we were able to visit with our dear friends, Amber, Brian & their little boys. It was a lot of fun to spend time with them and B & Bekah. I can't really describe what it was like, but it almost made me want to move closer to them to be able to see them more often.
And I think that's enough for today, even if it's only 5. I wrote enough to be three times that many. Hope your 10th is going well!
No comments:
Post a Comment