This is titled after my mother-in-law stated that when her kids were little, she'd give herself a pat on the back for the things she accomplished that day "because no one else was going to do it."
So here is my pat on the back to myself. (With a great big thank you to Shayla for helping me begin my day on the right foot).
Way to go--working out this morning at 6am!(pat pat pat)
Way to shower & shave!(pat pat pat)
Way to make scrambled eggs for Evan this morning followed by some cereal and yogurt!(pat pat pat)
Way to wash, dry, hang, fold & put away two loads of laundry!(pat pat pat)
Way to vacuum & edge the living room(pat pat pat)
Way to put away the clean dishes and wash another load of dirty dishes!(pat pat pat)
Way to do some work, clean the sinks, start to clean the microwave, make some lunch & get the boys down for naps!(pat pat pat)
Way to go--sitting through 3 hours of staff meetings/RA class!(pat pat pat)
Way to go to dinner with your family!(pat pat pat)
Way to sit through another nearly 2 hour staff meeting!(pat pat pat)
While that may not sound like very much to some of you, this is like a major achievement for me. I am not as amazing as my mother who can go and go and go and get so much done. We will have to see what happens in the future, to see if I will ever be able to have another day like this(considering after the hour of working out, mylegs are currently saying "Megan, what in the world were you thinking? We're going to make you rethink ever working out again.")
Thank you to Oliver's mom for watching the boys this afternoon while I was at work and Oliver was in class(pat pat pat on Oliver's back).

And I wanted to add one little note of congratulations to my dear "Buttercup" friend.
7 comments:
Way to go! It is 11:30 am and I haven't even done the first two things on your list. I think that sounds like a pretty full day.
Honestly, I'm amazed Megan, I remember Tuesday's schedule and I didn't even attempt cleaning on those days. Pat on the back from me to you!
Wait a minute.. little booties and a congrats to a "buttercup" friend? Who is it... if not you, or me... that leaves Amber and Laura- unless you're referring to a different "buttercup"... spill the beans! :)
You ROCK!!! I STILL don't usually get that much done in a day and I don't work now!
wahoo! way to go. that's impressive and i don't have kids. good job working out with Shayla, you two rock.
Megan, that is studly beyond studly in a million ways. I could never vaccum and do the dishes and o laundry and have staff meeting all in one day!! OH, and work out and shave!! AMAZING. Way to go! Pat pat pat!!
Wow! I can't believe you got that all done in one day! Good job!
Post a Comment