Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wedding memories

My brother-in-law was asking me for a picture of my wedding dress to be posted on my facebook account. This morning I found some, scanned them in and put them up on facebook. But i decided that I would put them up here as well(even though the scanner made them look like very bad quality photos). Oliver and I have been married for 4 years and while I look back on my wedding day, I would change a couple things. One change would be that maybe I would have had someone do my hair, but I was so deliriously happy that I couldn't care less about how I looked that day. And I know for a surety that even though I wanted to make my dress and am glad that I did, I would have gone to try on dresses at a bridal shop to not only have a better idea of the style I liked best, but to just have fun with being engaged! Lukily a few months later, my beautiful sister-in-law was also looking for dresses and we tried dresses on together even though I was already married.

Wow I get off topic pretty easily.
Here you can see a young Oliver and Megan happily standing in front of the beautiful Nauvoo Temple...sign.
Look at how happy we are. Ollie looks studly in a tux.
Posing in front of the doors of the temple. You can see the train of my jacket. For those curious, I made a temple dress and then for the wedding day, made a jacket to go over it. So these with the shinyness are the jacket. Not too shabby, but very shiny.
Three generations of women.
Wedding cake...look at how nice we are being...before the cake was cut. Let's just say that cake ended up inside noses shortly after this picture was taken.
This is the end of the night. Without the jacket, but my dress was so comfortable, I could just lounge in it and talk to Pop. Sadly, two children later, I don't fit into that dress anymore.

Here are my beautiful sisters and mom. Aren't we cute?

So Chris, there you go. Thanks for giving me a reason to look through my photos and to talk about random things going on in my mind.

2 comments:

Chris Hansen said...

Thanks Megan! I've never seen these photos. And, since I couldn't make it to your wedding I didn't really get to see your dress much.

susie harty said...

I have been waiting to see wedding dress pictures since you first told me that you made your dress. Fabulous! Your amazing! I hope work is great. Tell everyone that I say hi and that I miss them a tons.