So yesterday I borrowed 3 videos from the Provo City Library. "Signing Time" Vol. 6, "My Baby Can Talk", and "We Sign" Sign & Sing-along Rhymes. While I said this was my passport to reading, it's really my passport to signing videos to remind me of signs and to encourage Evan to start to sign. I soon found out that Evan isn't interested in sitting and watching any of the three, and at least with the first one we watched, Oliver had more fun learning signs than Evan. But we'll keep trying and will see what happens. And I'll still start to read more hopefully. Another thing is that the Provo City Library is a much prettier building than the BYU library in certain aspects. Here, you can decide for yourself:
The entry to the HBLL at night
Provo City Library at sunset
1 comment:
That is so fun that you decided to sign with Evan. Do feel discouraged. We do signing with Eli. It took him quite a while to warm up to "Baby Signing Time" which is my favorite. They have the "Signing Time" series 1-13 in our library here and I think it is for a more captive audience. I thought the two Baby Signing Time videos were better because all of the signs are taught with music which makes it more interesting. It took Eli about 6 months of me putting it on all of the time before he started doing anything. Now he loves to watch it and mostly signs to communicate (he's a pretty late talker). I also look stuff up on ASLpro. They have a video dictionary.
If you have all of those videos you probably know most of these resources, but I just wanted to relate. Good Luck!
Post a Comment