Another week, another experience. This week Evan was in a room with 5 other little boys. Oliver was also able to witness a few things and I'll try to transfer some of his views here. He said a few times, "Evan seemed so big today!" In nursery, Evan sits in his own little chair, tries to pay attention to everything, and tries to interact with the other children. Oliver witnessed him pulling on another kid's sleeve in an attempt to communicate. It is very sweet, but from my perspective, he is with a group of children within his same age group that can't quite understand that when he does certain things he isn't trying to be mean.
I'm still not comfortable enough to leave him without Oliver or I in the room with him. It's not that I don't trust the nursery leaders, but there are only two of them and when one is holding a child who is overly distressed about his parent's leaving him in nursery and the other is watching the other 4 children as they play, there arne't exactly enough eyes or hands to make sure that Evan doesn't injure himself or others or that they don't injure him. I am impressed by the ability of these 18-24 month olds to be able to decipher that they shouldn't step on Evan's little toes, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
So for the moment, Oliver and I are going to switch off some time in the nursery with Evan so the other can attend big people church. Although today I was able to listen in on the priesthood opening exercises because I was feeding Ryan in the mother's lounge and had the speaker on from the chapel where priesthood starts out.
2 comments:
You guys are so cute! I bet those people appreciae the help too. :)
Good luck with the nurery trials! It really is a hard transition no matter who you're child is! And hey, give it another 18 months and Ryan and Evan can be in there together! :)
Post a Comment