Monday, October 27, 2014

He's 8!

Evan had a good birthday! He turned 8 years old and had a handful of happy moments. The night before his birthday, he didn't want to fall asleep on his own. Oliver thought he was asleep, and got up to leave, and Evan woke up. He then came out of the bedroom and found the pile of balloons I'd been blowing up. He kind of decided he didn't want to go back to bed. But I took him back to his room, where I stayed until 4:45am. Then Oliver left our bed around 6:00am to go back and keep him in his bed for an hour or two more. He finally woke up and was able to play with the balloons.

I attempted to make the world know that it was Evan's birthday. I made a sign that said "Evan is 8" and put it on our front door. Unfortunately, it was a ridiculously windy day and I have no idea where that sign is now. It blew off sometime between 1pm & 3pm. Oh well. To make up for it, I painted a few notes onto our car since we drove around a little on his birthday.
Oliver had to go to a band competition for a lot of the day (but good job band for getting 1st place!), and while gone, the boys and I just played and then went for a drive up Middle Canyon.






After Oliver left the band early, we went to Village Inn where we met Evan's local family members to celebrate him. Grandma, Grampa, Beth & Natalie were all able to come and give him hugs and smiles from these wonderful happy faces.


We are so blessed to have our oldest son in our lives. He brings love and happiness to our everyday.
Evan January 2007

3 comments:

B said...

Happy birthday, sweet boy! What a smile Evan has.

Also Megan, that cinnamon roll idea is brilliant. Totally want to do that for Julia next year.

Marci said...

Oh, Happy Birthday, Sweet Evan! I miss his smile!

James and Shawnne said...

I actually have memories of you nursing and snuggling him in one-ones or just when I visited in heritage... Sweet boy!