So in order to preserve some more memories, Valentines Day 2013 looked like this:
We celebrated a little yesterday by cutting out hearts and taping them around the house. We also went to a ward activity because our ward's youth were holding a fundraiser and dinner for the holiday. Most of the items being auctioned off were sweets. Since we figured we'd purchase something, we decided to make yesterday our "sweets" day (a new feature of our lives as we've been participating in a health challenge-only allowing ourselves to have sweets one day a week). Ryan and I made muddy buddies together and then at the party Ollie got some peanut butter cookies and chocolate covered strawberries.
It was wonderful to be at the party and to have so many people come up to Evan and give him hugs or say hi or try to tickle him.
Today, I sent Oliver to school with an envelope with a card from Ryan and Evan, four love notes from me and a little crossword puzzle I created for him. The boys went to school, I went to play volleyball and then back to pick them up. Ryan came home with a great big bag he'd decorated full of goodies. Evan had a few treats with him from his aides as well as a bag full of Valentine's from the kindergarten class he will attend a couple times a week. I was so surprised to open that and realize that he is a part of the kindergarten class. Another kind gesture was from a woman at church who teaches the class that Evan is technically in. She brought him some candy this afternoon. I'm so amazed by the love shown to us and Evan.
Oliver brought home a sweet note and then went snowshoeing. And now we are all snuggling on the couch as we watch some kids shows.
Last night we were informed that I'm Daddy's valentine, Ryan is my valentine, Evan is Ryan's and Daddy is Evan's. "It makes a circle!"
What a fun circle of love we have.
1 comment:
What a fun circle of love indeed. Sweet. You and your family are SO LOVED, Megan!
Post a Comment