I feel my life is all about food lately. Don't worry, I have variety in my life, but I do have to think about three meals a day and snacks because the boys aren't happy with just three meals a day. I've also been working on a health challenge which means I need to track what I eat and I get points for having 3 servings of vegetables, 2 servings of fruit, and no sugary treats each day.
I have just spent the last few days figuring out what meals I might want to make over the next two weeks and then had to decide if we could buy all the ingredients for said meals. I've even created a list that I look at to make my 2 week list. One column is never fail meals(or hardly ever fail) for Evan and Ryan. Pancakes, pizza, peanut butter and jelly and others that don't necessarily start with the letter P. The other columns are meals may be easily "deconstructed" to provide easier enticement for at least Ryan to eat. Hawaiian haystacks and white chili. Then others that Oliver and I like to eat that may take a LOT of encouraging, but we're still going to make them. The last is a list of food we like, but have only made once, like chiles rellenos. My meal planning is actually a thing instead of the previous 6 years: "What's for dinner?" "I don't know." "Let's go to the cafeteria."
The biggest change has been that I only make sweet things once a week. Oliver would make fun of me for always having supplies for chocolate chip cookies on hand, but not having anything for a full meal. While I know that we don't have enough sugar to make cookies right now, I haven't really been tempted to make them in a long time.
I've "tried" to get healthier over the years, but nothing really sticks for me. I don't know if its this challenge, or if its just a different circumstances now(I think its the challenge), but I am finding success in being healthier. Because we get points for doing certain healthy things, and Oliver is doing it with me, I feel like our family is doing great at being healthy.
1 comment:
Good for you guys!
Post a Comment