| Oliver has been playing and practicing with the band this week. I didn't realize how small the band is until the parade. But they sounded good to me! |
Friday, September 28, 2012
Felt Like a Traitor
Grantsville High School had their homecoming this week. Today we went to the parade, wandered around a little, Ryan hung out with Daddy in the ticket booth for the football game, saw a few fireworks, then we played at the park across from the high school for 2 hours before deciding we should go home and eat some dinner. But I felt like a traitor because I wore a red shirt all day to support the new team. The high school's colors are red and white or black or something. It's the first time in...forever...that I've supported a team that wore red. When I went to junior high, our colors were blue while the catholic school in town was red. In high school, we had the awesome colors of gold silver and black. And then I spent the next decade supporting the blue of BYU while the "rival" colors have been red. It's so weird. But Oliver is comfortable, he graduated high school from a red school so I think he's okay with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm just glad you weren't wearing red to support the Utes. It's ok to support the new school, even if they do have red as one of their colors :) it makes me happy to know that you felt like a traitor just wearing red. My niece was looking for something red to wear on the 4th of July and was really frustrated that she owned nothing red-my sister just doesn't buy red at all. My niece ended up wearing pink and my nephew wore orange because they were close enough to red :)
HaHa...another way I feel your pain. The high school in town is red, black and white. To make it worse they are also the Utes. UGH! In MI red is evil because it represents that school down south (Ohio State), so the transition to BYU was easy. Mind you I have a more relaxed rivalry feeling toward Utah and don't cringe to bad when my husband suggests getting a PhD or working there someday.
Haha! I remember feeling like a traitor buying red Canada-spirited clothes when we lived in B.C. And my red Canada jacket is one of my favorites still...feels traitorish to wear it around Wyview and yet I persist. It's a very comfy jacket. ;) Good luck reconciling yourself to red, Megan! :D
Post a Comment