Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hooray for Ryan!

Ryan turned 4!
 He's got an awesome aunt who made him a special "4" pancake for breakfast.
He's so big. He got a lot of love from everyone and for good reasons. He got a bouncy ball in the mail-awesome package to receive by the way-not in a box or anything, from Illinois. He got three birthday cards. He got a set of Cars dominoes sent from Nebraska. And at the last minute, we decided to drive up to Idaho for the birthday weekend to visit his cousin with whom he'll be 4 for the next two months.
 "Licking" the cake batter.
I love this little boy. So much imagination and energy. He loves playing with kids so much so being able to spend time with Macy & Andrea was one gigantic thrill for him. Plus, he got to play with a good neighbor friend the day before we drove up to Idaho too.
On Mother's Day, the primary had him answer a few questions about his mom. I loved it so much and we weren't going to be at our ward for Father's Day so I had him answer some questions for his daddy. They make me laugh to hear his views not only of each of us as parents, but of the world around him.
What is Daddy's name?         Oliver
How tall is Daddy?       as tall as mommy
What does Daddy do for fun?        Play with me
What is Daddy's hair like?        like a bird
What does Daddy do at work?          Feed his frogs
How much does he weigh?       15
What are his favorite things to eat?       Pasta
What makes Daddy the best?        Because I like him
What does he like to drink?         Root beer
How old is Daddy?           Like mommy
What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?       Have a run race
How long have you known Daddy?          Like 15 and hundred
Where did you and Daddy meet?         I don't know.

Earlier in the week, I took Ryan to the store to let him pick out his cake and frosting so we took that up to Idaho with us and enjoyed a great birthday celebration, intermixed with the drama of a picky eater...which doesn't miraculously change when they turn 4...weird.
Putting 4 candles into the yummy fudgy cake with strawberry frosting.
I love this kid. I love that I snuggled him to sleep tonight. I love that he actually wants me to sing songs to him at bedtime now. I love that he loves people and just wants to make them smile and play with them...every one of them.

4 comments:

rantipoler said...

That's the coolest pancake ever. And those answers are adorable. :)

Kristen said...

"like 15 and hundred"... LOVE it! Can't believe he's 4 too... they grow so fast!

Laura said...

Megan, I just love and miss you and your cute family! We are coming to Utah the end of the month and are planning on a visit to Provo and would love to see you guys! Let me know if you are around.

B said...

Love those answers. Love that little boy. :)