Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The unknown

It has come time for Oliver and I to grow up. Oliver was offered a teaching position at a high school and we quickly made the decision to accept it. One of the next decisions to make was how to overcome the hour and a half commute to this new school from our current home. It took me about a week and a half to decide, but Oliver was patient and open and kind in letting me make the decision that our family will be moving to Tooele County and I will no longer be a Hall Advisor starting in August. I am still nervous even though I am completely confident in the decision we've made. There are just so many things I will have to adjust to and things we still don't even know yet. A big one: where we are moving to. We'd love to live in the small town that Oliver is going to be working in, but there aren't a lot of options. I know we'll be able to make a decision, but as of this moment, at this hour, I don't know what that answer is. Another big one is that I'll have to transition into being a mother to my boys in a different way than I am now. I'll have to stop being a Hall Advisor-a job that feeds my ego by constantly giving me positive feedback and validation while giving me amazing people to associate with and befriend. And so many other things. So many comforts that we've grown accustomed to and so many blessings we've received while being here.
Luckily, despite all my concerns, I know that we're doing the right thing for our family and our future. This is that part of my life where I truly feel that I'm stepping into the darkness and praying that the Lord is going to guide our steps.
Oh yeah, this guy had a birthday. I love him. 
In the background of this shot, you can see what we are hoping will be our future home.

6 comments:

Vicky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicky said...

The comments thing is being weird. It posted my comment twice, then delete them both. So... What I was trying to say was Congratulations on the job! I know you'll figure it out, even though the change is scary. Good luck!

Nola said...

Yeah that is so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! I hope that you find peace through the whole transition. It is hard to leave the HA job for the reasons you stated. I have to say my little girl is way more happy with me home even on our bad days. Hopefully you will see some of that in your transition. Good luck find a place to live. We looked at houses in Stansbury Park (part of Tooele) once.

rantipoler said...

Hooray for the job and happy birthday to Oliver! We're in a similar situation and I've been freaking out about it, but, like you, I figure that the only thing to do is trust in the Lord. Good luck!

Kristen said...

Congrats to Oliver on the new job! Moving somewhere new is scary [I know from when we moved to Pocatello and knew no one in the entire state!] But if you don't let it defeat you, it will be a great blessing- you just need to keep putting yourself out there and discover the new people and places that you'll find yourself with! Good luck with the move [sometimes the actual move is really the hardest part!]

B said...

Megan, you are wonderful. And amazing. And someone I am so grateful to know. Thank you for your example of faith. And everything else. You will be so missed here. Thank goodness it's not like sending you off in a covered wagon with pony express as communication, right? :) So grateful for blogs and facebook and all those ways that we can still keep in touch. HUG!