I had told Ryan about Valentine's Day a few weeks ago and he asked often, "Is today Valentine's Day?"
I decided to have him give out suckers since that's clearly his favorite candy. We traced his hand and I had him write his name on each of them. I think I made him write his name 15 times. And he got tired of it as evidence by the picture below(his name is normally recognizable).
Then we made the hands make the sign for "I Love You" and taped the sucker on there. When I asked who he wanted to give a valentine to he said, "my cousins & Daddy." It was fun to make them, send them and share them with a few others close by too.

On Tuesday, Oliver called home at lunch time to say Happy Valentine's Day. He also shared that his students had asked him what his plans were for Valentine's night. His response was "well, my wife has to work and my sons are sick, so...nothing." His students promptly called him lame. Although he was extremely truthful, it didn't end that way. on his way home, he brought some really good dinner with him. He later went to the store with Ryan to buy a drill. (Super romantic right?-well, he fixed a dresser so I claim that as totally romantic). When they got home, Ryan held something behind his back and said, Mom, Happy Valentine's Day and presented me with these beautiful flowers handpicked by the little sweetheart. Oliver brought me some awesome chocolates and I made some pink drink that wasn't all that great, but it was festive. (Pink lemonade, sprite & raspberry sherbet).

And of course, I got to spend time with my boys despite it being a busy work day. I love my family. Even if my son doesn't know that pink isn't really my color-it was super sweet to see him present those beautiful flowers to me.
1 comment:
THANK you & Please Thank Ryan for our Happy Mailbox!
Post a Comment