Saturday, December 17, 2011

Deep Breath

The week of cleaning inspections and checkouts has come to an end. I had 40 residents pack up and move on. The week wasn't too intense, but I did push myself a little more than a regular week. This morning was chilly, but we were able to walk through the buildings and "shut them down" in less than 2 hours. Oliver finished his classes this week, both the ones he's been taking and the ones he's been teaching. He'll be back at it in January, but he gets a two week break. He took full advantage of today by participated in the Christmas Bird Count. He and a partner were given a section of the county to birdwatch all day long. He came home between 3 & 4 and said, "Megan, go take a nap." I love him so much.
I took a nap for an hour and now I am going to take a deep breath and clean the house. After that we're going to go to the store and all next week we're just going to rest. We'll all take a deep breath and be a family without work to think about. That's what I call a great Christmas gift. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

lori said...

congrats!!!!!!! been thinking of all my HA friends!

rantipoler said...

Hooray for naps and the husbands that facilitate them! :)