Today I testify of the blessing of family. What a simple thing that can be so complicated. If you are invested in your family, want to be attached to someone else in this world, then you're going to be in a situation that will teach you and give you more than you can imagine. Because we are living on this earth and have been given the gift of agency, we've also been given the ability to experience opposition in all things. Living in a family doesn't exclude that opposition. And it all comes in stages. As a child, you have conflict about little things with your siblings, eventually with your parents as you learn your own independence. The stereotypical "teen" years that apparently are the worst times for everyone associated with said teen. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I had that much of a problem during that time, just right before that time with one unnamed older brother....
anyway...we go through stages of ups and downs with our family. We all struggle in different ways. We are all blessed in different ways. If we can overcome some of the challenges we are blessed in giant ways. I am not going to complain right now of some of my challenges or the challenges of others that I've seen no matter how much on my mind they are. Perhaps to help me overcome those challenges, I want to reiterate the love for my family and how grateful I am to have them. All of them. My parents & grandparents. My siblings. My nieces and nephew. My husband & my children. My inlaws-all of those generations. I have much to learn still. I have more challenges ahead of me. I am so blessed. Sometimes with those challenges right in your face, it can be hard to remember those blessings but its also easier to make yourself remember them.
No comments:
Post a Comment