Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Angel is Three

Three years ago right now, I was in a hospital beginning my recovery from the birth of my first beautiful child. There was snow on the ground outside and he was a week early, but Evan had finally joined our family. It started out as quite an adventure. And what an adventure it continues to be! I can't believe my baby is three. I can't believe what I have learned from these three years. Evan has opened my eyes to the ability to reevaluate the visions I had of my life and adjust and still love it. He has made me fall in love with eye contact. And I'm so glad that he has his father's eyes. Evan is my sweet little boy who loves his family more than anything else. (And that's saying a lot in comparison to pacifiers and other things made of paper or plastic). And he will continue to help me develop as his mother very soon as we near the decision for him to start preschool. Evan loves us and we love him. Happy birthday handsome.

8 comments:

Nola said...

Happy Birthday! He is such a great boy. I love his smile!

Vicky said...

Happy birthday, Evan! Isn't it amazing how much things change in three years?

marci said...

Is he seriously 3? Oh man! Happy Birthday, Evan! I'm determined to get better soon so I can come see him!

Kristen said...

HOLY COW! I can't believe he's THREE! Happy Birthday, Evan!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Happy Birthday Evan! I love those green eyes! I miss you guys!

Megan Lewis said...

I can't believe he is three already! Time passes so quickly doesn't it? Makes me feel like I need to stop and look around once in a while. I hope the day was a happy and memorable one

Love, The Riemans said...

I love how you said you were able to reevaluate the visions you had of your life and adjust and still love it. I love that, and that is actually probably what I love the most about you. Your ability to be strong and positive, even when it comes to reevaluating your life plans. You're a wonderful mom, and happy birthday big boy Evan!!

emily and kevin griffin said...

he's such a cutie. good luck at school Evan! i hope he has tons of fun :)