Saturday, December 27, 2008

Picture a Christmas

Christmas Eve in Springville. We had a very nice lunch followed by a bit of gift giving. Ryan pulled himself up onto Grandpa's leg and decided to have a little conversation.
If you can't picture it, Evan is trying to eat it. He's not playing peekaboo.
We had a nice white Christmas. Very peaceful. Unfortunately, most of us were sick. We slept in, didn't have much of traditions at all. I did make orange rolls for Evan and myself(the only two up at the time).
Our Christmas decorations were not elaborate this year. I didn't even have the energy or time to put up the tree. Luckily, we did hang our stockings. Which are beautiful. Thank you Mom! If you hadn't made one for Ryan and sent it to us, I don't know if I would have even hung the rest.
Our pile of gifts from our dear family members became our tree on our table. It was a pile of love in my mind. Oliver and I decided we didn't need to do gifts for ourselves or for the boys this year and it turns out we didn't have to. Even though we draw names in our families, we were still thought of by others and I hope they all know how much we love them.
We did open presents...at 2pm. Sometimes its nice to not have children old enough to care about presents.
Count the Cars! Thanks Pop! These are so cool!
And, of course, the best part of opening presents? The filling! The paper! The trash! Who cares about toys & clothes & a box full of pacifiers?
Across the sea, in Bethlehem,
Lord Jesus came to Earth.
As Samuel had prophesied
And angels sang his birth.
Hosanna, Hosanna,
Oh, let us gladly sing.
How blessed that our Lord was born,
Let Earth receive her King.
"Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus" p.36 Primary Children Songbook

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I like those stockings! I was going to make ours this year but it didn't happen.

Your boys are as cute as ever.

Megan Lewis said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope you are feeling better.

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Sorry you were sick! I told Adam's family by text messaging everybody after we got there. It was fun! :)

Holly R said...

I hope you are doing well now. I love Christmas. Your boys are so cute, as always. I love the wrapping paper pics.