Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Lights

Oliver and I like to look at the lights that people decorate their houses with. This year we were discussing what we would do when we have a house of our own. How will we decorate the outside of our house? What about you? What do you do? or what do you hope to do? Icicle lights? Wreaths? Candles? White lights? Blue? Red? Green? All of the above and more? Inflatable lawn decorations? Giant Santa on the roof? Manger scenes? Nothing? We drove by a house the other day with luminarias lining the walk and the porch. But not just any luminarias, they were milk jugs and it looked like colored LED lights instead of paper bags with candles. It was cool. I was promised to have a husband who would get out on the roof to decorate the roof line. I honestly don't know what our house will look like. I like icicle lights. I hope to have a nice big window in which I can put a Christmas tree.

This year we decided to see the Christmas lights at Thanksgiving Point. They do a little drive through park thing, which was overpriced in my opinion, but whatever. It was still fun.
From the waving polar bear,
to the penguin falling off the igloo,
to the parachuting reindeer, the boys slept through it all.
Despite all the beautiful lights depicting Santa land, I think I was most grateful for the end of the little drive. Paintings depicting the birth of Christ were on each side of road with a poster reading the verses of a Primary Children's Songbook song titled "The Nativity Song." The last verse is the following:
See the sweet mother, Mary so fair,
Joseph who guided the donkey with care.
See the dear baby of Bethlehem,
Little Lord Jesus, the Savior of men.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I would love to see a picture of those milk-jug luminarias! I grew up with paper bag luminarias all around, so I love them!