Sunday, November 9, 2008
Blessing of Renewal
Have you ever had the experience of feeling your spirit, your soul, your mind, renewed by one thing or another? And every time it happens, it feels like the first time, and you wish that you had been reminded of this so much sooner and that you could have felt this great yesterday but you are so grateful to feel it now? I attribute that feeling to several things today. One being that I was actually in the chapel(or at least the gym) for most of sacrament meeting and able to sing the hymns. While I spent Sunday School in nursery with Evan, I was able to go to the entire hour of Relief Society today and its been a very loing time since I was last able to do that. Again, I was able to sing the hymns and actually focus on the lesson given and hear the whole of it. And through spending that hour in Relief Society, I was able to realize some things and set some new goals and that is always a blessing. It's amazing how such small things can make such a large difference. And for those who have the Joseph Smith Manual and haven't yet read the chpater about the Prophet's letters to his family, I would encourage you to do it and then to write a letter to someone you love. That's one of my projects for this afternoon...and I'm not going to care if Evan helps me..I'll just tape the paper back together before sending it off. Yay for music, sacred music, and for being renewed so that I can continue on in a positive way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally agree! Today's lesson in Relief Society was great- everyone should read it again when they go home! The Prophet's love for his family shows in his words- and in the deed of taking a few minutes to write them down and send them! Emails are great, but the only true penmanship is a handwritten letter of love- send one today! :)
I love those Sundays when the music and the lessons seem to speak to you. Good luck with the goals!
You're so positive and happy Megan-I want to like you when I grow up. I'm glad you felt good after church, it is nice to participate in an entire Relief Society
I tagged you! Go to my blog to see the instructions.
Post a Comment