It is finally October 1st! This family all agrees that September was the longest month in the world. I feel like it went slower than all the summer months combined. We just worked and went to school and parented this whole month, but it was LONG!
Perhaps it was long because of Evan's recent desire to get up at 4 in the morning more often than not and that caused each day to feel longer. Perhaps its because we introduced more things into our days than we used to have, like working out for me, and several hours of class time for Oliver. I've been calculating the month of September since the time we found out Evan's diagnosis and it really feels like it has been a long time ago that we got that official test result. Or maybe September was just a black hole of time and now we are finally finding our way out.
One thing I learned about Angelman children is that an average sleep time for them is 5-6 hours, which explains the 4am(or 2am) wake up time. So last night, Evan had fallen asleep on the floor at about 7pm, I woke him up at 10pm and then kept him awake until about 1am and he didn't wake me up until 8am this morning! Although I was so tired it's possible that he woke up before that and didn't rouse me until 8.
October has some exciting things waiting for us though. Tomorrow, Oliver gets to go on a field trip to Capitol Reef National Park with his Field Shrubs Botany class. He'll be gone until Saturday night. So while that is very exciting for him, I might be a little stressed. :) Then this weekend is the 178th Semiannual LDS General Conference which is always uplifting. I like to have orange rolls on one of the mornings as I listen to the inspirational talks. On Saturday as Oliver comes home and I watch conference, Oliver's dad is also coming into town and Ryan finally gets to meet his grandpa!
Oliver's brother is getting married halfway through the month and I love weddings! My little Evan is turning two this month and we also get to end the month with Halloween.
Besides all of that, it's fall and hopefully we can get some nice family photos taken and do some more autumn oriented things. We shall see! But there are a lot of things to look forward to and while September wasn't a horrible month, it's nice to have it finally be October. I wish you all a happy October and hope you have some exciting things to look forward to as well.
2 comments:
Yey, happy October to you too! I'm so excited for Halloween, pumpkin delectables and comfort soups and casseroles, though I am NOT looking forward to winter--can we just skip it?
I like reading about your family. I am glad things seem to be going well for you.
Post a Comment