It was a gorgeous October day and it was so nice to be outside. It really made me feel like a regular family on an outing doing something really relaxing and fun. I wish I could say it was for our children, but it wasn't--it was all for me. :)
We got to go on a hayride through the orchards(as seen in the topmost photo) to the "pumpkin patch. I love how slow tractors go. I haven't been on a hayride in a long time so that was very soothing and relaxing.
The pumpkin patch was pretty picked over already, but we still found a pumpkin to bring home.
Back at the Big Red Barn, we waited in a slow moving line(which isn't as cool as slow moving tractors) to try their Cider slush(for Oliver) and pumpkin pie ice cream for Evan. As you can see, the ice cream was a big hit. Then we needed to do a little photo shoot by the old tractor sitting outside before heading home to take naps from our afternoon of being outside. What a great day. Yay for fall and families!
And yay for cute children to use as excuses to do fun stuff.
4 comments:
This looks so fun! Happy you got to do it!
Oh man, that looks like a blast!!
How fun! You have darling kids. I love to do "kid stuff" to.
you have very cute kids, and that looked like so much fun. it has been perfect weather for adventures like that!
Post a Comment