Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer Birthdays

After our road trip in June, we came and celebrated Ryan's birthday. A bit last minute with our planning for him but he still had a good day.
A couple weeks later, Oliver's birthday needed celebrating. It was on the Friday of Girls Camp which I was at for the week. I was coming home on his birthday and saw him for a few minutes to transition children as he headed out to Lehi for a parade that night. But the boys and I got him an ice cream cake and were able to celebrate with him even if only briefly. We kept the celebration going by driving up to Idaho to visit his brother and family. The main reason for this was to let him and brother Charlie go hike the highest point of Idaho. While 1000 feet shorter than the highest point in Utah (Kings Peak), Borah Peak is a little more challenging with a glacier to cross and a spot titled "Chicken-Out Ridge."


At State High Point #9 (I think) on June 30, 2014
While we partied with siblings & cousins, etc., Chelsea said that they should keep Ryan until Friday(The 4th of July). So we left Ryan for 3 nights for his first time really away from home. He had a blast. And then on the 4th of July, Oliver's parents and grandmother came to watch Oliver march with the band in the parade in town. Then we all went to celebrate his grandmother's birthday and that's where we met up with Ryan again. We "camped" out in the back yard and had a good time being with family for the 4th.
Now, the last summer birthday has come and gone. Yesterday was my birthday. We decided to go to Bear Lake for my birthday adventure. I've never been there and I thought it'd be fun to go some place new and some place the boys would have fun too. And we all did.

We got a raspberry shake, went to the North Beach on the Idaho side of the lake, rented a canoe, and played on the sandy beach and in the shallow water.


Then we drove all the way around the lake, grabbed some dinner in Logan and came home. It was a great day. Not only that, but I also got a package the day before from my mother full of turtle pretzel rods from Nauvoo. They might last the week.
And now only a few more adventures before school starts in a couple weeks.

No comments: