Sunday, November 17, 2013

A few things

Halloween was very low key for this house. Oliver spent the day with the marching band, so Grandma was able to come and share the evening with us. Thanks to Charlie & Chelsea's family birthday gift to Evan, we were able to come up with a quick Halloween costume. We also went to DI and found a few pieces of clothing to add to the look. 

 We went to our old ward's trunk or treat activity which got the boys lots of candy, but Ryan still wanted to knock on doors. So Grandma stayed home with Evan while I took Ryan around our neighborhood. Grandma ended up giving away some of Evan's trunk or treat candy to trick or treaters that came to our door. (Since I was too cheap to go out and buy candy to give away).

 Grandma brought us some pumpkin shaped bread bowls so we had them for lunch the next day.

 Ryan lost his first tooth! He was very happy about it. The tooth fairy even gave him a quarter under his pillow! And the same day that he found the quarter, his seven year old neighbor friend came to play and told him that I was the tooth fairy. Way to ruin the excitement of a five year old!

1 comment:

B said...

I love the joy in simple things that you highlight on your blog, Megan, and in the way you live your life. Like pumpkin-shaped bread bowls. Congrats to Ryan on the tooth! Although losing the magic is sad, at least dreading that moment is over with, right? Still have no idea what I'm going to say to Julia...

Hugs to you, friend, regarding your Facebook status tonight. Love you. Thank you for your comments and support from afar. So grateful for you.